I have a very busy week ahead so when MrD left for work just after midnight. I quickly showered and got ready for the day. And I must say... we had the most glorious sunrise
Monday.... As well as being laundry day... giving the bedrooms a good clean.. and general house work... is also bread making day... The house always smells delicious! So armed with my first cup of tea for the day, I got the bread ready for its rise.
After the Monday chores were done.. I started to tackle the box of apples from Miss Amy and Uncle Joe. First on the list.. dehydrating apple chunks.... which once in the dehydrator could be forgotten about for the rest of the day.
So for dinner we had a couple of the baked potatoes I cooked this morning and were reheated on the barbeque when MrD cooked our chops
These potatoes.. which have hundreds of recipes.. but are illustrated here from the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine September 1948... are so easy and versatile. This recipe says to use ham and cheese... but I also added a little sauted onion and spinach and topped with a little chopped green onion. Now, I with the cheese and sauted vegetables the mix bound nicely so I omitted the milk (saves the ration) and the mix was still lovely.
What we didn't eat for dinner.. we stored in the refrigerator for later in the week
- Wash and prick the potatoes all over
- Bake in a hot oven (400°) for 45 to 60 mins
- Scoop out the centres into a bowl
- Mash with hot milk and season to taste
- Fold in ham and grated cheese, and any other ingredients
- Pile into potato shells and top with a little more grated cheese
- Brown in a hot oven









No comments:
Post a Comment