It was a very Happy Sunday today...
our beautiful friend Clara celebrated her 80th birthday
After church MrD and I, Clara, her husband Henry, their granddaughter Betty and great grandchildren Richard and Joanie had a lovely lunch at the Maple Leaf Family Restraunt in town
.jpg)
On the way back to their house.. MrD and I stopped at our house to pick up the cake I made yesterday which I had left in our refrigerator... because the weather was so hot.. and luckily the mocha icing had firmed up beautifully. We all enjoyed a slice to celebrate this lovely ladies special day
After all the lovely food we had today.. we only needed a very light supper to get us through til tomorrow. The aptly named Sunday Supper Sandwiches from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine July1941. fit the bill perfectly. Very easy to make.. and is basically a tuna fish and cheese toasted sandwich... and the added pickle gave a bit of a tang. I made no changes.. except next time I will probably toast the bun first to make the bread a bit firmer. Very nice.. especially with some fresh chunks of cucumber and radishes from the garden!
![]() |
| Original Magazine Illustration |
1 can (7 oz) tuna fish, flaked
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 Tbsp chopped pickle
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
6 round, flat buns
American cheese slices
Pimiento for garnish
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 Tbsp chopped pickle
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
6 round, flat buns
American cheese slices
Pimiento for garnish
![]() |
| Magazine Clipping |
- Mix flaked tuna, onion, pickle, and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Split buns and spread the tuna mixture on them.
- Top each with a slice of American cheese.
- Broil for 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with pimiento stars
- Serve immediately
| Better Homes and Gardens Magazine July 1941 |


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment