Friday, March 22, 2024

Salmon Cakes

Im not sure what I was thinking with this recipe yesterday! Actually, yes I do! Growing up back in Wales, Friday night was always fish night, normally provided my grandad whose little village shop sold fish on Tuesdays and Fridays. So I thought.. its Friday, which means fish, and its economical using items I have in my store cupboard.

This recipe from "My Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book 1940" is incredibly quick, easy and uses very little ingredients. It wasn't terrible, and they all got eaten,  but it was a little dry and it could use a bit more flavour from a few herbs and spices and maybe a squeeze or two of lemon or lime juice 

As for being served on pineapple. Well I guess it works, and I love pineapple, but I ended up eating them separately


1 No. 1 can Libby's salmon
½ cup cracker crumbs.
2 eggs
½ teaspoon salt
Few grains pepper
Can of pineapple slices

  • Flake and bone salmon.
  • Mix with cracker crumbs, eggs and season- ings.
  • Form into patties and brown in pan.
  • Serve on grilled slices of Libby's Pineapple.
  • Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment