Sunday, March 3, 2024

Orange Tapioca

A simple dessert recipe from the "Better Homes and Gardens" Magazine August 1940. It tastes lovely, but a little sweet, possibly because the oranges were freshly picked from next doors garden ( she really is very generous) With all the orange juice, I think I could get away with using at least half the sugar. Next time I will add the sugar gradually and taste test as I go along, so yes I will be making it again


1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup sugar 
1 cup orange juice 
1 tablespoon grated orange rind

  • Add tapioca and salt to boiling water
  • Cook in a double boiler until clear, 12 minutes. 
  • Add sugar, juice, and rind. 
  • Cool. 
  • If desired, fold in ½ cup heavy cream, whipped. 
  • Chill. 
  • Serves 6
Better Homes and Gardens
August 1940


No comments:

Post a Comment