Saturday, July 13, 2024

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwiches

In an attempt to widen my horizons away from my usual ham sandwich lunch... Im going to sample some suggestions from the 1940s... 

So today is Sandwich Saturday...and I will try so you dont have to. 

You can thank me later


Todays offering is off to a gentle start... Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwiches from my 1941 copy of The American Womans Cook Book... which has a large section on sandwiches. I may have to work my way through..

1½ cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cream or hot water
1½ cup chopped pickle
  • Cream peanut butter and water together and add chopped pickle. 
  • Use between thin, buttered slices of bread.

As for this one...I was surprised at the flavour...and they actually worked together. However... I did not add cream.. or water (yuck) as I can only imagine they were used as thinners.. and my peanut butter was easy to spread.

Surprisingly...I will probably eat this again.
The American Womans Cook Book
1941

No comments:

Post a Comment