Sunday, September 13, 2026

Frosty Orange Punch

I love the weekends and the time I get to spend with MrD. He works so hard... and neither of us are getting any younger. So Sunday is the day we get to unwind and take it easy

Church first then relaxing for the rest of the day. Today we had our sandwich lunch in the garden. It was a rather warm day.. so I made one of our favourite refreshing drinks Frosty Orange Punch from the July 1942 edition of Better Homes and Gardens magazine
Quite simply.. its a mixture of orange juice, lemon juice, corn syrup and wate, frozen into icecubes.. served in a chilled glass with ginger ale.
We love it and I always keep some on hand throughout the summer

1 cup orange juice
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup corn sirup (corn syrup)
2 cups cold water
1 quart ginger ale
Orange slices (for garnish)
Original Magazine Clipping
  • Combine the fruit juices, corn syrup, and water.
  • Pour the mixture into an automatic refrigerator tray and freeze it into cubes.
  • Place a few of the frozen juice cubes into each glass.
  • Fill the rest of the glass with ginger ale.
  • Garnish the drink with orange slices.
Better Homes and Gardens Magazine
July 1942


No comments:

Post a Comment