Monday, September 2, 2024

Apple Sauce

Ive been tackling all the apples from our neighbours tree. The first thing on my list was apple sauce which has to be the easiest, and most delicious thing to make. You can make it with our without cinnamon. I go without as I love it with roast pork ( a must in the uk) and I have to use it in my Auntie Jeans Apple Sauce Cake, which I will share at a later date


3lb apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/3 cup water
2-4 Tablespoon white sugar (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)


  • Combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan
  • Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
  • Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes to thicken
  • Allow the apple mixture to cool
  • Mash apples with a masher for a chunky consistency or puree with an immersion blender for a smooth consistency.
  • Serve warm or chilled.





No comments:

Post a Comment