We weren't very lucky because the it actually needs a new truck bed.. but they didn't have one in stock that was good enough. Fred Barton said he would look out for one for us.. but he wasn't very optimistic. They are very hard to come by.
So we took what we could find to try and make it at least road worthy and MrD spent the next couple of hours with his head under the truck. I helped as best I could but I don't really know one end of a wrench to another..It was a very hot day so to cool us down a bit I made us each a lovely Pine Raspberry Flip from The Better Homes and Gardens Magazine, July 1942.
Basically its ice cream float, a sweet beverage made by adding one or more scoops of ice cream.. or in this case Raspberry Sherbet.. into a chilled soft drink. The ice cream floats on top and slowly melts into the liquid, creating a creamy foam. This recipe uses pineapple juice... but also suggests.. "cranberry, lemon, orange, or lime sherbet"
And I must say...it was quite delicious..
1 pint raspberry sherbert
2 12-ounce cans (3 cups) unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
Mint leaves
![]() |
| Original Magazine Cutting |
- Place a spoonful of raspberry sherbet in each glass.
- Fill with pineapple juice.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serves 6.
Better Homes and Gardens Magazine
July 1942




.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment